Again, with these Brotogeris profiles, I don't plan on recreating information on this cousin of the grey cheek, but thought I would provide links to information already available. Check out these pages on the web which include photos, habitat maps, videos, sound recordings, diet and other information regarding these parakeets.
- Digitalmorphology of a golden wing
- Distribution and breeding
- Distribution & Breeding Report - Suriname
- GW Stamp
- IBC Collection
- IUCN Species list - Birdlife International
- Photos: Google | Flickr: 1 | 2
- Species profile - Avianweb
- Species profile - Birdforum
- Species profile - Lexicon of Parrots
- Species profile - Papageien.org
- Species profile
- Species Profile - Wikipedia
- Species Profile, Care & Status in the Wild - World Parrot Trust
- Species Profile - Zeco's page
- Species Profile & photo
- Videos: YouTube
- Xeno-canto's species overview (includes photos and sound recordings of flock calls)
Photos courtesy of Shady Pines Aviary
Publications mentioning Golden Wings:
- Cotton, Peter A. "The Behavior and Interactions of Birds Visiting Erythrina fusca Flowers in the Colombian Amazon," Biotropica, 15 Mar 2006, 33(4): 662-669 (Wiley Interscience).
- Rhymer, Judith M. and Daniel Simberloff. "Extinction by Hybridization and Introgression," Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics, Nov. 1996, 27: 83-109 (Annual Reviews).
- Thiollay, Jean-Marc and Jullien, Mathilde. "Flocking behaviour of foraging birds in a neotropical rain forest and the antipredator defense hypothesis," Ibis, 28 Jun 2008, 3(140): 382-394 (Wiley Interscience).
- Vicentini, Alberto and Fischer, Erich A. "Pollination of Moronobea coccinea (Clusiaceae) by the Golden-Winged Parakeet in the Central Amazon," Biotropica, 1999, 31(4): 692-696 (JSTOR).