To quote the back of the book cover, "This work offers the first detailed coverage of these popular species, all the related species in the genus Brotogeris are covered as well--Canary-wings, Cobalt-wings, Orange-chins, and Tuis, for example. Special attention has been given to assembling a photographic record of the characteristics that distinguish the species. Methods for breeding these appealing birds and advice on how to solve problems are only part of this vital new book, for it considers their pet potential and discusses taming, talking, and trick training as well. Recommendations for feeding, housing, and care are thoroughly illustrated in more than eighty photos. She has been raising and breeding grey cheeks."
Although Harris' book is currently out of print, one can generally find a few copies available online at Amazon.com and other locations. You might also request to borrow it via interlibrary loan from your local public library.
Several years ago, Robbie Harris, gave the site owner permission to reprint her articles online. Here is what there is so far at this site and elsewhere online:
- "Brotogeris as Pets," Bird Talk, 15 (May 1997): 58-60,62-63.
- "The Grey Cheek and Its Cousins," Bird Talk, 3 (Apr. 1985): 36, 41-42.
- "The Grey-Cheeked Parakeet and Its Family," Bird Talk, 11 (March 1993): 84-99.
- "The Grey-Cheeked Parakeet and Its Family," Bird Talk, 15 (Jan. 1995): 80-87.
- "Grey Cheeks Are Great," Bird Talk, 11 (Nov. 1987): 51-55.
- "Pockets Full of Pleasure" and "More About Grey Cheeks," Bird Talk, 16 (Jun. 1998): 40-42,44-54,58-59.
- "About the Aviary: Bonded Grey Cheeks Are Loud Grey Cheeks," Bird Breeder On-line, (July 1997).
- "About the Aviary: Bread as a Soft Nestling Food," Bird Breeder, 67 (Feb. 1995): 66-67.
- "About the Aviary: Breeding Grey Cheeks," Bird Breeder On-line, (March 1998).
- "About the Aviary: Breeding Grey Cheeks-Does Age Matter," Bird Breeder On-line, (Jan. 1999).
- "About the Aviary: Sexing Grey Cheeks," Bird Breeder On-line, (Oct. 1998).
- "Breeding Birds in the Genus Brotogeris," Bird Breeder, 66 (May 1994): 16-20,22-24.
- "The Brotogeris Family," 1993/94 Birds USA: 22-24.
- "The First U.S. Breeding of the Tui Parakeet," ASA Avicultural Bulletin, (Dec. 1992): 10,12-15.
- "Great Pet Birds from A-Z: Brotogeris," Birds USA, 1999-2000: 26, 28.
- "Grey-Cheeked Parakeets," ASA Avicultural Bulletin, (June 1993): 8-9.